However this Melbourne winter is still a little cold for a pup, so I set about making a dog coat for Hamish out of an old cat polarfleece blanket. If you're looking to make one of these, go to here for a fantastic pattern. I didn't use the pattern directly, but as a guide to what shape the pieces needed to be, and then literally threw the blanket over the top of Hamish and started marking it for cutting.
Being a whipped together sunday night project I'm pretty happy with the result (and the model), but I had to leave part of the neck unbound as to have some stretch when getting it on him. I only had a polycotton to use as bias binding, which didn't have enough give. Seeing as he will grow out of it pretty fast, it's not the end of the world.