Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dress for Princess



Recently SewHip magazine had a fantastic pattern by a designer Oliver +S, the free pattern link is here.
There was plenty of leftover fabric from the cupcake aprons, and I was just dying to use it again.  Although all our friends are having baby boys, my gorgeous cousin Corrine is a little princess.

I took the basic pattern, but due to the nature of the cupcake fabric, it was clearly going to be see-through, so added a lining.  Using just a white cotton, I took the same pattern piece for the dress and reversed.  Interestingly, this dress pattern would work perfectly for a fully reversible dress if you hemmed it perfectly.


It was easy to sew, the instructions were very straight forward.  I wish they had a pattern in my size!

I posted it off to Corrine yesterday, so hopefully I might get a photo back in return:)
I wish more friends had baby girls!  It's just so hard to see all this gorgeous girly fabric that I have no uses for.






1 comment:

  1. The dress is beautiful Sarah and she will get this and next season out of it.

    I was going to post you a handmade thankyou card (still unmade ...)with a photo (still not taken...) in the mail but your mum suggested I try here...

    Now just have to get Corrine in the dress when she is clean and not so tired that she sulks when I want to take her photo ...

    PS. She wants to send you a present now as well.

    Carolynne

    ReplyDelete