Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lady grey sewalong

I'm doing the lady grey sewalong!  Using the lovely pattern from Colette Patterns for the lady grey coat,

I probably went the wrong way about buying my fabric.  1.  Heavy duty calico for my muslin.  2.  Red lining from alannah hill.  3.  Blue wool crepe from the oddest fabric store I've ever been too.

As a result the muslin will be too heavy, the wool might not go with the lining, and I have no idea what it will look like when it's finished.  Why did I get blue crepe?  I wanted purple.  Fabric regret?  A little.  4m at $20 a metre?  Definitely. Have. Fabric. Regret.  







So, the question is, continue in with an almost Navy coat with red lining, or sell the wool crepe on ebay and start again?  OR, do I make the lady grey with the Navy lining, maybe put some red and white trim on there and make it a shipshape with a naval theme?





No comments:

Post a Comment